[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Skype vs. GnomeMeeting

Hi list,

Skype is a quite new application which realizes IP telephony based on
P2P networks. As far as I have read it is very easy to use (works behind
NAT routers/firewall without any problems) and thus is very popular.

I think the most important fact is that it works behind routers without
any problems. Although they claim that their sound quality is far better
than the sound quality of traditional IP telephony applications, I think
that is just due to better - and proprietary - codecs.

Do you think it would be possible to implement support for P2P telephony
in GnomeMeeting next to H.323 and SIP (in the future) ? Would it make
sense (to gain new users) or is that technically impossible and better
to write a completely new application?

Skype can be found at http://www.skype.com.

Best regards
--
Matthias Redlich <m-redlich t-online de>