Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] New Druid Audio Test

On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 18:11, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> -------
>
> The druid audio test has been updated tonight. It is still unfinished
> but I would like you to test basic functionnality.
>
> When you click on the "Test" button, no popups are displayed, but if you
> talk, you should hear yourself with a delay of about 4 seconds.
>
> When you click again, the test should stop.
>
> Please give me reports about the sound quality with OSS and ALSA.
>
> Also, test weird things like quitting or doing calls while the test is
> running :)
>

> --------
>
> Another discussion (we will see who read the mail).
>

> Would it be preferable to:
> - keep the old popups indicating that GnomeMeeting is recording from the
> audio device and that voice is played with a 4 seconds delay
> OR
> - Integrate sort of an history (like the generic history) directly in
> the druid. That history would contain errors in RED, explanations in
> black, and hints (check full-duplex, check permissions, ...) in italic.
>
> The problem with choice 2 is that it would make the druid higher. But I
> plan to rewrite it anyway.
>
> I vote for 2)

I vote for 2 if you also make a top level window somewhere on the side
or actually a field seperator or something like that in the current
window showing the stuff actually going on. If you don't then people
won't know if their config and all that works until the end of the druid
presumably, so real time error checking plus the history window and I
2nd the nomination for 2.
--
Christopher Warner <zanee kernelcode com>
www.kernelcode.com

Dies irae, dies illa Solvet saeclum in favilla Teste david cum Sibylla.
Quantus tremor est futurus Quando judex est venturus Cuncta stricte
discussurus.