[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] XDAP or not XDAP

Hello to all,

XDAP doesn't compile anymore with recent libxml versions. The change is
not hard to do, but the current XDAP version has other problems like a
few leaks.

I was wondering if we should :
- keep XDAP as default
- optionally compile XDAP in or not (if not, then the OpenH323 ILS code
is used)
- remove XDAP

I think that XDAP is a wonderful thing to do complex things with
ILS/LDAP directories, but 99.99% of the people do not use those advanced
features.

So what would we gain by not using XDAP anymore :
- less code to maintain and to port when needed
- less leaks
- we remove the gnomemeeting dependancy to libxml and openldap

What we gain by keeping XDAP by default:
- more powerful system
- less work for me
- the system has been tested and seems to be stable

I don't know what you think about that. Please speak up! I would also
like to hear from Paul (who promised to fix the leaks and the server, so
keeping XDAP is less work for me).

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org