[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] GTK 2.4 porting

Hi to all,

If you look at http://www.gnome.org/start/2.5/, you will see that all
modules must have their code frozen for 12 january 2004, it means that
if we want to have a 0.99.99 aka 1.00 BETA1 release, it should be ready
and packaged for 12 december. The strings freeze can happen at a later
stage though.

However, GTK+ 2.4 will ship with GNOME 2.6, it requires that we port GM
1.00 so that it can compile with both GTK 2.2 and GTK 2.4.

If we want a good 1.00 release, I must concentrate my work on other
things. Porting is something easy. Can anybody of you work on this?

Julien, that also means that the plugins system should be ready in at
worse one month.

We are short in time.

Alternatively, if GM 1.00 is not ready for the GNOME 2.6 code freeze, we
can also port GnomeMeeting 0.98.5 and release it as GnomeMeeting 0.98.6,
then merge the changes in GM 1.00.

We are very short in time.
--
 _	Damien Sandras