Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] ILS, big problem

> I agree with you and Dennis, but is it legal to scan people that way?
I don't see a problem here. If you connect to a server, why shouldn't it be
allowed to make a sanity check by simply connecting back? And opening a
single port isn't exactly scanning.

> The last solution seems perhaps the best and the most confortable for
> the server.
The last solution seems to be a little too complicated. I like Damien's idea
of a  quick connection to that port. Shouldn't take the server longer than a
single ping (or at least not longer than a reasonable timeout).

Christian

--
JOIN - IP Version 6 in the WiN  Christian Strauf
A DFN project                   Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster