Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] GM-gentoo

Le Dimanche 30 Novembre 2003 12:31, Damien Sandras a écrit :

Hello Damien, hello all

Thank you for your e-mail.

> The ToUCAM philips will not run with the quickcam driver as it is not a
> quickcam. The driver is named "pwc". (I see it is compiled too).

OK so I am ok for "pwc".

> Devfs will create the appropriate entries in /dev/v4l/, if it is empty,
> something has gone wrong. If they contain video*, and that GM doesn't
> detect them, you can try to add symlinks in /dev (/dev/video0 ->
> /dev/v4l/video0)

I added the information as followed (extracted from
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=28533&highlight=dev+video)

In /etc/devfsd.conf (in which lines 1 and 2 were alreday present):
# Video4Linux devices
REGISTER       v4l/.*       PERMISSIONS root.video 660

LOOKUP         ^video$      CFUNCTION GLOBAL mksymlink ${mntpnt}/v4l/video0
video
REGISTER       ^v4l/video0  CFUNCTION GLOBAL mksymlink ${devpath} video
UNREGISTER     ^v4l/video0  CFUNCTION GLOBAL unlink video

/dev contains video -> /dev/v4l/video0 but v4l was not generated (MAKEDEV
cannot be run due to the presence of a .devfsd file). The file v4l was
temporarilly generated but on reboot disappeared...
Well I am continuing so that if I have news I informed the list.

Thank you in advance for any further information. My best. Thierry.

--
-- Use Linux and become free ! --