[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] GM-gentoo

Hello all,

After ALSA, I emerged gnomemeeting. I am now trying to take advantage of my
ToUCAM Philips PCVC which was working on a mdk-8.2 (GM-0.85 I think).

*I. My gentoo-2.4.20-r8 kernel was reconfigured as follows:
	I.1. In Multimedia support ---> <M> Video For Linux
		In Video For Linux: <*> V4L Information in proc filesystem
		In Video Adapters:
			<M> Quickcam BW Video for Linux
			<M> Quickam Colour Video For Linux (experimental)
	I.2 Telephony support
		<M> Linux Telephony support
			<M> Quicknet Internet LineJack/PhoneJack support

	(it is just for further VoIP/IP)

	I.3. USB support
		USB Hosts Controller Drivers
			 <M> UHCI (Intel...) support
			<M> OHCI (compaq, ...) support

		USB Multimedia support
			<M> USB Philips camera

Then I recomplied as well as ALSA again.

My /etc/devfsd.conf file contains:

#Video4Linux devices
REGISTER		V4L/.*	PERMISSIONS root.video 660

---First I would like to know if it appears to be correct at this stage---

*II. GM indicates that it cannot find /dev/video0 ou /dev/video1 (which are
indeed not in /dev)

---So my second question is to know what is the procedure to generate one of
these special files---
Indeed /dev contains .devsfd which prevents MAKEDEV -v video0 to work.
I suppose that i should also have dev/v4l/video
And corresponding lines in /etc/devfs.d....

I would be very indebted if I could have some help.
Many thanks in advance.

--
-- Use Linux and become free ! --