Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] GM-gentoo

Hi,

The ToUCAM philips will not run with the quickcam driver as it is not a
quickcam. The driver is named "pwc". (I see it is compiled too).

Devfs will create the appropriate entries in /dev/v4l/, if it is empty,
something has gone wrong. If they contain video*, and that GM doesn't
detect them, you can try to add symlinks in /dev (/dev/video0 ->
/dev/v4l/video0)

Your settings seem to be correct, but I have never used devfs so I can
not help much more...

Le sam 29/11/2003 à 21:54, Thierry Lepoint a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> After ALSA, I emerged gnomemeeting. I am now trying to take advantage of my
> ToUCAM Philips PCVC which was working on a mdk-8.2 (GM-0.85 I think).
>
> *I. My gentoo-2.4.20-r8 kernel was reconfigured as follows:
> 	I.1. In Multimedia support ---> <M> Video For Linux
> 		In Video For Linux: <*> V4L Information in proc filesystem
> 		In Video Adapters:
> 			<M> Quickcam BW Video for Linux
> 			<M> Quickam Colour Video For Linux (experimental)
> 	I.2 Telephony support
> 		<M> Linux Telephony support
> 			<M> Quicknet Internet LineJack/PhoneJack support
>
> 	(it is just for further VoIP/IP)
>
> 	I.3. USB support
> 		USB Hosts Controller Drivers
> 			 <M> UHCI (Intel...) support
> 			<M> OHCI (compaq, ...) support
>
> 		USB Multimedia support
> 			<M> USB Philips camera
>
> Then I recomplied as well as ALSA again.
>
> My /etc/devfsd.conf file contains:
>
> #Video4Linux devices
> REGISTER		V4L/.*	PERMISSIONS root.video 660
>

> ---First I would like to know if it appears to be correct at this stage---
>

> *II. GM indicates that it cannot find /dev/video0 ou /dev/video1 (which are
> indeed not in /dev)
>
> ---So my second question is to know what is the procedure to generate one of
> these special files---
> Indeed /dev contains .devsfd which prevents MAKEDEV -v video0 to work.
> I suppose that i should also have dev/v4l/video
> And corresponding lines in /etc/devfs.d....
>
> I would be very indebted if I could have some help.
> Many thanks in advance.
(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.
        FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org