Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] IP translation vs gk.microtelco.com registration through a firewall

Le sam 03/05/2003 à 00:18, Bruno Tanqueray a écrit :

[..]

> It seems to be strange and not logical, because to be registered on
> ils.seconix.com, I need this IP translation. But like that, it works. I don't

Do you mean that without IP translation you can not register to ILS?
That proves something wrong with the firewall because IP translation has
no influence over ILS registration: ILS registration should always work,
IP translation or not.

> understand why I can't be registered with the IP translation checked. Each
> time, I've tried to keep it on, I've got :
> "Error while registering with Gatekeeper"
>  12:42.094    GMH323Gate...r:082a3bf8 RAS     Gatekeeper discovery failed
>  12:42.095    GkMonitor:8295940 RAS     Background thread ended

That's not normal indeed.

> 3 - After those manipulations, everything works well and I can ring the world.
> But, it's a real gymnastic and it took me ages to find it.
> Does anybody know how to set up this thing ONCE and properly ?

Are you absolutely sure that your ADSL router doesn't support H.323?
Actually you are describing me abnormal things :
- you need to enable IP translation to register to ILS, that is not
normal
- you need to disable IP translation to register to the gatekeeper, that
is not normal either. IP translation should be enabled to register to
the gatekeeper and that is the way it works here without problem.

I suggest you to log things at your router because it is not doing things correctly...