[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] ILS IPv6 support. We need concepts !!!

Hello to all,

   IPv6 is getting more and more popular nowadays. It's already
supported by Gnomemeeting , calls can be made over this new protocol but
ILS (Users Directory Server) based on openldap don't suport it.

   OpenLdap himself has IPv6 suport, but the problem is that there are
no standarts  yet available. We don't know how is Microsoft (Creator of
ILS standart) going to support IPv6 , so maybe we have to try to create
our standart and not to brake NM support too. Changes must be made in
both parts GM and ILS server,ILS server has to stay compatible to NM
clients, GM  has to be adapted to send/recieve "optional" atribute to
ILS server such  sipv6address.
   We can have folowing situations:
a) client has IPv4 only
b) client has IPv6 only
c) client has both IPv4 and IPv6

and each one can try to connect to other, so we have to handle all of
this cases...

Any ideas are welcome...

I have some ideas already,
ILS:
A attribute sipv6Address has to be included in netmeeting.schema of
openldap.Netmeeting won't request this attribute...
GM:
In preferences , in ISL(Directory Settings) a checkbox has to be added:
[x] Enable IPv6 Support in ILS

	[x] Send IPv4 to ILS	[x] Show IPv4 addresses in ILS browser
	[x] Send IPv6 to ILS	[x] Show IPv6 addresses in ILS browser

select preferred protocol...
	[IPv4/IPv6] Select default  protocol

Functions ;-) :

"[x] Enable IPv6 Support in ILS" Enables GN to send (or request)
	sipv6Address to server and it would file with not-GM ils 	servers, also
right-click-menu in ILS-browser will schow "call 	over IPv6" if
sipv6Address is set and "call over ipv4" if  	sipAddress is set too.

"[x] Send IPv4 to ILS" will send usual IPv4 to ILS .can be disabled if
	no IPv4 on client.

"[x] Show IPv4 addresses in ILS browser" will show usual IPv4 in
	ILS-browser .Can be  disabled if someone don't want to see IPv4
	addresses in Browser ;-) . optional: contacts with no ipv6 can 	be
shown in red collor and green those with IPv6  ;-)

"[x] Send IPv6 to ILS" Can be disabled if someone has IPv6 but don't
	want to publish it  , maybe just want to call over ipv6 but 	don't want
to receive calls over it. (Same for IPv4 and "Send
	IPv4 to	ILS" too ).

"[x] Show IPv6 addresses in ILS browser" someone just wants to be
	available over 	IPv6 but don't want to see LOONG ipv6 addresses 	in
browser ;)

"Select default  protocol" Default protocol if both ip addresses are
	available for a contact. if no ipv4 is available and ipv4 is 	default
it will call ipv6.

(IPv6 or IPv4 is not available if (sip/sipv6)attribute is set to "Zero"
	or isn't set 	;) ... )

Problem are callto URL s too, because if someone saves callto-url to
his/her addressbook, it's impossible to know if sipv6address attribute
will be available from ILS server for given contact...
Addressbook has to have a option to call over ip or ipv6....

OK i think it's enough for beginn of discussion....

sorry for my english,
Thanks,
Sandro, (sd)