Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] re: HIG review

I don't know if I'm reading the right HIG. To make
sure I'm reading the right HIG. I'm reading The Human
Inteface Guidelines (1.0). If there is another version
or another one, I'd like to read it. Reading HIG 1.0
the UI would have to be changed for Gnomemeeting to be
in full compliance. Before I say anymore I will
provide a mockup of a compliant Gnomemeeting interface
as soon as my connection is repaired.

I don't know exactly what Calum said regarding the
interface but i'd rather follow the documentation to
the letter and then have the usability team look the
mockups over. I'm making the broad assumption that the
guidelines were made to be followed and that any
deviation would come after the basic stuff is
followed.

Also when I say drastically changed, I mean it in the
sense that the UI will obviously be different to
someone who has been using gnomemeeting even for one
version. Sort of like starting up your favorite app
and realizing things have changed and requiring you to
learn a new interface.

As we are the only ones really talking about it, when
you get back if you can give me exacts as to what
Calum and you discussed about the interface so I can
decide if making the mockups is something worth
spending my time. If there are a couple of changes and
Calum said that would be ok to get Gnomemeeting HIG
1.0 compliant then I won't waste my time and it can be
spent with fiddling with that little buddy pic thing.

Anyone else have any view points on this?

-zanee