Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] ILS extension on ils.seconix.com

> Wrong. If you change it on the server side, this solution is not only
> restricted to GM users. At least the NM users would not see you
> anymorein their listing. But yes, only GM could switch between
> these modes at the moment, but who cares?

  I see I got it wrong.
  I like the idea of being invisible to users I don't know (I useD that
with yahoo messenger), and it is quite neat.

> Seems like I am the only one but I think Damiens idea is pretty
> good. In my opinion it is easier to implent and works nearly as
> good as filters (but they are much more work).
>
> Maybe they are a bit more effective, but do not believe that they are
> 100 % safe.
> Without an authentication method (to ils) it will not be possible to
> identify the people. Users will always be able to fake their identity,
> thus they could also bypass your filters.

True, but wouldn't it be the same for this new feature? I can put a fake
email address also... or? Does ils do authentication?

> My question:
> Is it worth to code the filters and have a bit more control over
> incoming calls or would the easy solution (which is indeed a bit less
> comfortable) be enough?

To start with, the later.

> Cheers,
> Matthias