Re: Re[2]: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] SIP and GnomeMeeting - please comment

Le ven 21/02/2003 à 12:58, Kilian Krause a écrit :
> Hi Damien,
>

> i still like that callto:// way best.. (having h323:// and sip:// for
> sub-definitions of callto://)
>
> if callto:// specs do allow that, i'd love to see something like:

There are no callto:// specs, no standard, that's why I would like to
keep the sip: thing as it has been standardized and people looking for a
sip application would find it weird if that application didn't provide
conform URLs

> callto://ils.seconix.com/kk verfaction de:h323
> or
> callto://ils.seconix.com/kk verfaction de%sip/port
>
> and have the "intelligent guessing".. maybe that does in fact scare
> you now, but i guess very much that it cleans up, once you try it in
> the field..

Not so sure, but perhaps.

> moreover, if you use the callto:// with ils-style, it's clear to use
> the h323 style as primary anyway, regarding that you told ils is
> h323-only .. so what we'd need would be
> callto://my.serv.er/my ema il:sip for non-default use, as callto://
> would default to h323..
>
> so there's another hack we could use.. we have yet the description
> field in ils (which is quite unused).. if we add a prefix/suffix like
> <sh> or <s> for use SIP (and then h323) or just use SIP.. that's would
> clear to the counter-gm which is the default to use.. thus the only
> prob remains with non-default ports for sip users listed in the ils..
> (and i agree them are _really advanced_), for i don't yet see the
> "regular" ils-user as very "knows what he's doing"..

I agree with that.

> but still, why do we try to find a solution now, when not even the
> OPAL is ready and finished yet?

A bit of brainstorming now is nice to be ready when OPAL is ready to
start porting ;)

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org