Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Manual

El lun, 17 de 02 de 2003 a las 22:50, Damien Sandras escribió:
> Le lun 17/02/2003 à 22:35, Miguel Rodríguez Pérez a écrit :
> > El lun, 17 de 02 de 2003 a las 22:18, Damien Sandras escribió:
>
> > An appendix is the right place for this. But I think it's very
> > important... What use does have a manual that doesn't answer the most
> > difficult problem for using the software?
>
> I really disagree about that. With this vision of things, we need to put the entire content
> of the FAQ into the manual. Configuring a firewall should not be part of an user
> manual as it has nothing to do with the use of GM once configured. We should not
> mix FAQ and user manual. And the more the user manual will be bloated, the more
> it will be uninteresting and uneasy to read.
>
> Installing and configuring firewalls, webcams, audio drivers should not be part
> of the "User manual". Compiling gnomemeeting and external libraries should not be part
> of an "User manual".
>
> The main point of the manual is not "How to install and make GnomeMeeting run", but
> "how to use GnomeMeeting once it is installed", "How to call users", ...

I agree with most of what you have sayed. In fact configuring cameras,
compilling and installing the software, audio drivers and so on are the
job of the software distributor. But firewalls are a different kind of
problem. They must be dealt with locally, either by the final user or by
the system/network administrator. And, if we don't plan on writting an
administration manual (that i don't think necessary) we must tell them
(in other manual) how to configure the firewall. I think an appendix in
the user manual is the right place.
Just my opinion...