Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Optical feedback in Audio part of druid

Hi Stefan,

I have added your widget to GnomeMeeting.
I have also spotted 3 leaks that I have fixed (the gc variable, the
borders array, and the colors array). However, it would be nice if you
could check that the fixes are appropriate because I could also be
wrong.

The rest of the code is of great quality. I have added it, and added the
appropriate copyrights (please check them too).

I have however a last service to ask you: please look in ldap_window.cpp
and ldap_window.h and add the required doc to the functions :
- static functions documented in the .c
- general functions documented in the .h
- The doc has 3 fields : DESCRIPTION: only used in callbacks to describe
when the callback is called. BEHAVIOR: the behavior, what it is doing.
PRE: the preconditions (ie not needed to say int i: i is an integer, but
the precondition, e.g. i is an integer between 5 and 10). If the
function is called with wrong preconditions, we don't guarantee it will
work.

thank you!

PS: perhaps a section code documentation could be added to the wiki
(Jan?)

Le sam 20/12/2003 à 18:39, Stefan Bruens a écrit :
> Hi Damien, hi all the others,
>
> I think it would be nice if one could see the input level of the microphone
> (is it recording? plugged the microphone into the right plug? selected the
> right source? is it clipping?), so I have coded a small widget giving the
> level and showing a peak indicator.
>
> A screenshot is under http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/soundlevel.png,
> the code is under http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/LevelMeter.tar.bz2.
>
> The source has a small test program, edit the Makefile for the include pathes,
> type make, ./test, and you should see a small widget with changing levels
> (uses rand()).
>
> There is no code to calculate the level of a soundbuffer or the peak.
>
> Greets,
>
> Stefan
>
> Btw: The window title is not translated, the string is missing in the po.
(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.
        FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org