Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Very bad sound with 2.6.0

Hi,

I have tried here with 2.6 and I have no special problem with my
soundcard, even if I compile at the same time...

Please mail me feedback you get.

Others, please do the same kind of tests. I need feedback.

Le sam 20/12/2003 à 16:49, Christian Meder a écrit :
> On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 11:29, Johnny Strom wrote:
> > Hello
> >

> > Is seems like the sound is so bad in Gnomemeeting plus OSS driver
> > (es1371) in the 2.6.0 kernel that one can't hear what they say in the
> > other end (Note it is the same in bouth directions).
> >
> > Have someone else tested this?
>
> Hi,
>
> I took the gnomemeeting regression from 2.4.2x to 2.6.0-testx (and up)
> to the linux-kernel list yesterday. Search for the gnomemeeting thread
> in
>
> http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0312.2/index.html
>
> I won't recap it all but I tried lots of different scenarios ALSA and
> OSS, gnomemeeting and gnomemeeting-cvs, Con's scheduler and Nick's
> scheduler, etc. (see thread) and I never got the same gnomemeeting
> quality I get in 2.4.2x under any kind of CPU load other than
> gnomemeeting.
>
> Probably it would help if Damien would review the thread and add any
> missing gnomemeeting specific information which could be relevant to
> this phenomenon. Specifically if there are any thread tricks
> gnomemeeting is using because that's an area 2.6 is differing from 2.4.
>

> 			Christian Meder
(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.
        FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org