Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Very bad sound with 2.6.0

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 11:29, Johnny Strom wrote:
> Hello
>

> Is seems like the sound is so bad in Gnomemeeting plus OSS driver
> (es1371) in the 2.6.0 kernel that one can't hear what they say in the
> other end (Note it is the same in bouth directions).
>
> Have someone else tested this?

Hi,

I took the gnomemeeting regression from 2.4.2x to 2.6.0-testx (and up)
to the linux-kernel list yesterday. Search for the gnomemeeting thread
in

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0312.2/index.html

I won't recap it all but I tried lots of different scenarios ALSA and
OSS, gnomemeeting and gnomemeeting-cvs, Con's scheduler and Nick's
scheduler, etc. (see thread) and I never got the same gnomemeeting
quality I get in 2.4.2x under any kind of CPU load other than
gnomemeeting.

Probably it would help if Damien would review the thread and add any
missing gnomemeeting specific information which could be relevant to
this phenomenon. Specifically if there are any thread tricks
gnomemeeting is using because that's an area 2.6 is differing from 2.4.

			Christian Meder

--
Christian Meder, email: chris onestepahead de

What's the railroad to me ?
I never go to see
Where it ends.
It fills a few hollows,