Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Splash screen and start hidden

Le lun 08/12/2003 à 18:32, Hakon Gunsen a écrit :
> > 1) I had thought removing the "start hidden" option from the
> preferences
> > and automatically start hidden if the gnomemeeting main window was
> not
> > shown the last time the program was exited. However, thinking more
> about
> > it leads me to think that it can be confusing for users and that it
> > would be best to keep the option. Any comments ?
>
> I actually think that what your thinking of would be very logical. So
> I'm for it. Isn't this what GNOME session handling is for? To restore
> the application as close as possible to how it was before, in every
> aspect?
> On the other hand, I suspect that the current setting is in fact a
> little confusing for someone who doesn't know the concept.

I agree with you, but on the other hand, I also agree with Kilian :
there are a lot of people who show GnomeMeeting, then exit it with
Ctrl-Q or from the menu, but still want it to appear hidden...

> > 2) GnomeMeeting has a superb splash screen. Splash screens are very
> > useful for programs that take a long time to start, that's not the
> case
> > of GnomeMeeting anymore on modern hardware, so I planned to disable
> the
> > splash screen by default but keep the option available for users who
> > really want a splash screen in their setups. Any comments ?
>
> I don't care, I just change the config if it doesn't suit me.
> Maybe you could ask for it in the setup wizard, and so there wouldn't
> have to be any default value that overrides the users wishes? (Of
> course, if still has to be decided if the checkbox in the wizard
> should be checked or not by default though ;) )
>

> Hakon
//\     FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org
v_/_    H.323 phone:  callto://ils.seconix.com/dsandras seconix com