Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] ALSA plugin remark

Le sam 16/08/2003 à 07:13, PUYDT Julien a écrit :
> I'm installing a pure alsa system... I'll report if I manage&find time
> to make some tests.

* the snd-usb-audio module shows errors at insert time;
* I had to run gconfd-2 by hand or it would crash and make gm unhappy;
* gm doesn't want to start if the oss plugin isn't there (!?);
* my webcam mic showed up as "ALSA USB Audio" followed by some barbarous
name (guess: that snd-usb-audio module would need some hinting);
* I clicked on the "Test" button, had the expected feedback, but lost my
mouse (usb mouse...);
* I had to kill gm & rmmod reinsmod the usb modules to get going;

Conclusions:
* the snd-usb-audio module is buggy and would need some hinting;
* gnomemeeting should have started up even with only the alsa plugin,
since it could list my sound devices...
* gconf is a piece of often-broken shit;
* I don't know if the alsa plugin works or not for me;