[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] ALSA plugin remark
- From: PUYDT Julien <julien puydt laposte net>
- To: GnomeMeeting Devel Liste <gnomemeeting-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] ALSA plugin remark
- Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 07:13:30 +0200
I notice most people reported great instability with the alsa plugin,
while I have had no problems in my testings; I even left a connection
alive 1h40min, and it just worked.
BUT MY SETTING WAS SPECIAL: I was using alsa for playback, and oss for
mic input. That gives two possibilities:
* the input part of the alsa plugin is culprit;
* there is some bad interaction between the input&output part of alsa;
It is possible to know which for sure: find someone with oss for output
and alsa for input.
I'm installing a pure alsa system... I'll report if I manage&find time
to make some tests.
] [Thread Prev