Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] BETA 8: discussion, please participate

On 12/08/2003 at 13:22:24(+0200), Damien Sandras used 1.8K just to say:
> Hello,
>
> Here is a summary of what has been said.
>
> We have 2 possibilities :
> 1) Add a way for the user to use one plugin and recreate the devices
> list for each of the plugins.
>
> 2) Use intelligent guessing and add a command-line parameter for those
> who want to go against the intelligent guessing. Intelligent guessing
> would work with a priority : if JACK is available and JACK devices list
> is non-empty then use it; else if ALSA is available and ALSA devices
> list is non-empty then use it; else if OSS is available and OSS devices
> list is non-empty then use it;

What about simply not allowing the user to select a plugin with and empty
list. It would be still 1), but would look a lot like 2).

--
\    Georgi Georgiev   \  Steele's Plagiarism of Somebody's            \
/     chutz gg3 net    /  Philosophy: Everybody should believe in      /