Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Reminder

% *** Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote: ***
% Le lun 16/12/2002 à 21:26, Truong a écrit :
%
% > In my case (for VoIP), I prefer to reduce the bandwidth on network by
% > setting 100% for voice. But from time to time, I would send few
% > sequences of images. This means that I would need to set the rate by
% > myself if it's neccessary.
% >
%
% What would be the advantage in your case to set directly the exact FPS,
% instead of setting a range?
%

I think of some specific routers (it could be PC-Linux router, or on the
client machine itself ) in a high density traffic LAN which should give
a prior for the QoS of voice at some rate. The traffic of VoIP would be
assured for any load.

If by setting a range, I would set maximal percent for voice and zero
percent for video, of cource. I don't know the quality of voice is still
maintained if other local applications, on the same machine, require a
lot of bandwidth suddently and for long period. I need to learn more
about that.

--
  Truong <tphuong wol be>