gnome-control-center maintainers

Hi all,

I'd like to clarify who is currently assigned to maintain gnome-control-center.

Currently we have one maintainer (Georges Basile Stavracas Neto) listed in the DOAP file [1] and on gitlab.gnome.org [2]. In the email thread back in February [3] it was mentioned that the different panels were to be maintained by different people, but this doesn't seem to be documented anywhere. The contribution guidelines [4] state that "once you have the sign-off of the maintainers" you may merge in changes.

Given the above it appears technically everything has to be reviewed by Georges to land (sorry Georges!). I think for a project of this size this is not a good outcome for anyone...

If we do have people who are maintaining individual panels then we need to add them to the DOAP file and gitlab to make this clear. The DOAP file is probably a good place to add a comment if they only maintain particular panels. This allows a contributor to know who to ask for reviews.

Note that it's only valuable to add people there if they are willing to review, as you can always tell who has written the code using git annotate/log if you need to seek advice.

And I'd like to re-propose me as a co-maintainer [5]. For those who don't know me I've been contributing to GNOME since (at least) 2006 and maintain simple-scan and previously maintained gnome-calculator and gnome-games. I work on the Ubuntu Desktop team so have a vested interest in g-c-c being in good condition for our users.

--Robert

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-control-center/blob/master/gnome-control-center.doap
[2] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-control-center/project_members?sort=access_level_desc
[3] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnomecc-list/2018-February/msg00000.html