Re: Code tidy up in GNOME Control Center

Hey,

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 02:03:37AM +0000, Robert Ancell wrote:
I'm interested in modernising some of the GObject code in G-C-C and wanted
to check no one is opposed to it / give a heads up.

In particular, I plan to do the following:
- Get the panel code more consistent between panels.
- Use modern boilerplate GObject code (i.e. G_DEFINE_*_TYPE).
- Use g_auto macros where possible to make code simpler and reduce memory
leaks (much easier when using G_DEFINE_*_TYPE).
- Use more modern GtkBuilder integration.
- Fix up inconsistent whitespace usage (currently I see 2/4/8 spaces and
tabs all mixed together) - lower priority.

[...]

If no opposition, I plan to commit these changes per-panel (probably
simpler panels before the more complex ones). Please let me know if there's
any panels that someone is working on that I should avoid / do later.

I will definitely welcome such improvements to the Background and Online
Accounts panels.

Thanks,
Rishi