RE: gnome-control-center-3.10.3 no sound from speaker test

On Mon, 2014-04-28 at 13:35 +0000, John Frankish wrote:
Using gnome-control-center-3.10.3 with pulseaudio-5.0 I don't get any
sound from the speaker test - note that the default sounds (bark,
drip, sonar) work and I can play music with rhythmbox, xmms, etc.

I attached the output from "gnome-control-center -v sound", but it's
not obvious (to me at least) why the speaker test doesn't work.

Best file a bug. A small screencast of the reproducer would also be useful.
Could be a volume problem, in which case the easiest way to make sure that
you're in a good initial setup would be to remove all the files in ~/.pulse/.

'Not sure what is meant by "screencast of the reproducer"?

Do you mean screenshot  - see attached? Note that the volume level is OK as I can hear music and the default
sounds without problems.

John