gnome-control-center-3.10.3 no sound from speaker test

Using gnome-control-center-3.10.3 with pulseaudio-5.0 I don't get any sound from the speaker test - note that
the default sounds (bark, drip, sonar) work and I can play music with rhythmbox, xmms, etc.

I attached the output from "gnome-control-center -v sound", but it's not obvious (to me at least) why the
speaker test doesn't work.

Regards
John