Re: Wacom Calibration - Phase 1

On Mon, 2012-01-09 at 15:27 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Hey Jason,
>
> On Wed, 2012-01-04 at 18:11 -0800, Jason Gerecke wrote:
> > (Moved to the gnomecc-list)
> >
> > The first of three phases on adding calibration into the Wacom panel
> > is now "complete". That is to say, the code is working, but not
> > necessarily pretty! I'd be most appreciative if anyone could review
> > the changes and give me some feedback. The changes to g-c-c itself are
> > pretty minor, but I don't doubt I've done a couple of stupid things :D
> >
> > The "calibration" branch at
> > https://github.com/jigpu/gnome-control-center has the changes to
> > g-c-c. If you want to see the gory changeset for xinput_calibrator
> > (instead of just the commit in g-c-c where I copy the files over),
> > it's available in the "stripped" branch of
> > https://github.com/jigpu/xinput_calibrator Note that these are
> > development branches -- I'll be rebasing and changing history as I
> > please ;) Work on phase 2 (multiple monitor support) begins tomorrow!
>
> Could you please upload 2 separate patches to the GNOME Bugzilla, one
> mega-patch that adds the calibrator to the tree, and one with the panel
> integration code?
>
> I'll review both and merge as soon as possible, so that we can carry on
> working upstream on this.

I'll add that:
- the calibrator code needs to be moved into a sub directory
- the horror that is run_gui() needs to be changed, we can't have it
blocking the UI
- the copy/pasted code is in severe need of a clean up
- the code in cc-wacom-page.c needs to use the same coding style
(indentation) as the rest of the existing code
- s/axys/axis/

Cheers