Re: GPLv2 only?

On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 16:18 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> You'd need to ask the copyright holders. What bits of the control-center
> did you end up reusing? Most parts of it aren't actually supposed to be
> reusable.

I ported create_gtk_theme_pixbuf, create_icon_theme_pixbuf,
create_metacity_theme_pixbuf and create_meta_theme_pixbuf from
theme-thumbnail.c to Python. I did this by converting the C code almost
line by line to Python, so I feel that my work is a derivation that the
original copyright holders have a claim to.

I don't think it's legal for me to take code that is licensed under the
GPLv2, and relicense it under GPLv3. Otherwise, the "GPLv2 or later"
clause would not be needed.

David D Lowe