Re: Initial Thoughts

On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 00:01 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 19:32 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > I believe Karl Lattimer is working on that, but he hasn't contacted any
> > of the people designing the control-center.
> >
> right, I knew about his plans last week, at UDS, and we had a session
> about it where nothing was decided, since his mockups mixed the layout
> selection with the selection of input methods, which, as from what some
> Chinese people in the session said, it's very confusing.

Right, they probably shouldn't be mangled together in the control-center
panel then, just in the panel menus. See:
http://live.gnome.org/Design/SystemSettings/RegionAndLanguage
and:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/Guidelines/SystemStatus/InputLanguage

> We decided to have more thinking about it, and I wanted to talk to
> Sergey about it, but haven't found him on IRC lately.
>
> The mockups from Karl are here:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KeyboardSettings?action=show&redirect=KeyboardPreferences

I already saw the mockups, which is how I know that Karl was working on
that...