Re: Initial Thoughts

On 11/04/2010 08:32 PM, Bastien Nocera wrote:
On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 15:05 +0000, Calum K Pringle wrote:
This should all be integrated into "Web Accounts". Did you look at the
mockups available at:
http://gitorious.org/gnome-design/gnome-design ?

There's already a mockup for the web accounts stuff, just need a person
to work on it.
Just for reference, here is a direct URL to the mockup (there are two variants, but this seemed more up to date)
http://gitorious.org/gnome-design/gnome-design/blobs/master/mockups/control%20center/web-services/web-services.png

Hylke Bons (hbons on IRC) designed them, so ping him if you have any ideas on it.

Rotating the screens is also not a priority, as we hope to handle that
through key presses (there's a patch to that effect in GNOME bugzilla)
or auto-detection (for tablet laptops).
Do you have the URL for that at hand?
I recall Nvidia settings had this on Windows, which resulted in a couple of tech calls to my house. :)
The keyboard preferences are a bit of a mess, and need changes. The main
blocker is the availability of libraries to make that work easier for
us, and hide Input Method and layout selection differences for us.

I believe Karl Lattimer is working on that, but he hasn't contacted any
of the people designing the control-center.
I'll ping him and ask him to get on this list.
- Andreas