Re: common GSettings schemas

On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 18:46 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> so why not g-s-d?

The idea is that since cc writes to them and s-d reads them, neither of
them is a "more natural" place than the other.

Additionally, we want to encourage application developers to hard-depend
on these schemas.  That pill is a lot easier to swallow when it's just a
few XML files and not all of gnome-settings-daemon.

When it comes down to distributions, this is an obvious chance for
splitting one source package into separate binary packages, so that's
one option.  I'm not sure if we should rely on this mechanism, though.

Cheers