Re: Control center refresh

On 3 Nov 2009, at 12:37, Calum Benson wrote:

>>> well, we're frozen now, so that's a perfect time for 2.30/3.0 work :)
>>>

>> So,  is anybody going to pick up the 'control center refresh' for 2.29/2.30 ?
>
> I haven't heard anything from Kristin in a while, I'll ping her to see what's happening.

So, the short answer is that she's working on higher priority things in Sun at the moment; such is life.

However, I've been asked to pick up the designs and run with them, and start turning them into working prototypes (most likely in Python).  But the decision to release GNOME 3.0 next September should give us a good chance to make sure we have something by then that will scale as well as possible and integrate nicely with gnome-shell, I think.

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Sun Microsystems Ireland
mailto:calum benson sun com            OpenSolaris Desktop Team