Re: Ungnomifying the control center

Soeren Sandmann <sandmann daimi au dk> writes:

> Hi,
>
> With the new cut-and-pasted code in gnome-desktop, it looks like it's
> almost possible to stop linking to libgnome and libgnomeui in the
> control center. The main things I don't know how to fix are the shell
> (which is not used by default) and the use of GnomeClient to put a
> log-out button in one of the accessibility dialogs. Also, the font
> viewer uses gnome_icon_lookup_sync(), and I don't immediately see a
> replacement in GIO.

Another thing I forgot about is this:

 #define COPY_FROM_LEGACY(type, key, legacy_key)                                \
        val_##type = gnome_config_get_##type##_with_default (legacy_key, &def); \
        if (!def)                                                               \
                gconf_client_set_##type (client, key, val_##type, NULL);

which is intended to copy existing settings from an old gnome_config
database into gconf, ie., to migrate from gnome 1 to gnome 2.

I don't think this is particularly useful at this point, so I'm going
to just drop this unless someone feels strongly about it.

Soren