Re: desktop effects tab in appearance capplet
- From: "Matthias Clasen" <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: "Rodrigo Moya" <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- Cc: Control Center List <gnomecc-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: desktop effects tab in appearance capplet
- Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:56:07 -0400
On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 6:25 AM, Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> wrote:
> * Sebastien commented about Ubuntu wanting to allow the user to choose
> profiles in this capplet, but it seems that a Customize... button on the
> capplet that can launch a tool defined on a GConf key would be enough
> for them. What about Fedora? Does having the simple enable/customize
> thing in the capplet is enough ?
> * The last version of the patch packs a lot the widgets, so we talked
> about moving this
> (http://www.gnome.org/~rodrigo/Screenshot-Appearance-Preferences.png )
> to the interface tab.
It seems silly to have a separate tab with just the checkbox and
In the fedora case, the button could just launch the desktop-effects
contains another 2 checkboxes...
Reasonable things to consider would be:
- move the 'enable desktop effects' checkbox to the interface tab
- for the simple desktop-effects capplet in fedora, it seems really
overkill to lauch that
via a customize button, and it would be much better to just pull the
handful of checkboxes
in the same tab where the 'enable desktop effects' checkbox lives.
The same is probably
true for the metacity compositor, that only has a few booleans for
configuration, if any (?)
This doesn't preclude adding a "Customize" button for launching a
more extensive compiz
pimp-up app if one is installed.
] [Thread Prev