Re: the state of control-center help

On 11 Mar 2008, at 17:31, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

I notice that the latest round of reshuffling tabs between capplets
left the docs behind.
The mouse capplet help talks about a no longer existing pointer
capplet,  the keyboard
capplet help talks about a layout options tab (which has been turned
into a secondary dialog),
the appearance capplet has no working docs at all...

Would it be worthwhile to make 'working docs for all capplets' a goal
for 2.24 ?

yes, definitely we want to have up-to-date docs,the problem is who is
going to write them. I talked with Thomas at FOSDEM and we didn't know
who was responsible for the docs, I even thought it was the gnome-doc
team, so whatever we can do to fix this situation, let's do it :-)

I also mailed the gnome-doc mailing list back in February[1] about this issue, but got no response. Of course, I hope the software is usable without documentation, but it still feels slightly wrong not to include any at all. There may be concepts and ideas (such as "Themes") used in the software that, although obvious to us, are not so familiar to newer users. It would be useful to have at least some explanation for these users.

Regards,

Thomas

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-doc-list/2008-February/ msg00029.html