Re: gnome-control-center 2.22 proposals

On 17.09.2007 13:54, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 21:22 +0100, Charlie Brej wrote:
> After listening to a friend whining endlessly about gnome making Desktop,
> Download, Templates... directories without asking him, I would like to propose > adding an option of choosing these default directories. Their locations are kept > in the file: ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs . Before I do any work on this I would
> like to check:
>
> a: if this is a reasonable plan (also if an app already exists)
> b: where the best place to put it would be
> (perhaps in the preferred applications capplet)

hmm, seems the most fitted to contain it, but not sure if it makes sense
there. Could you please provide a mockup to integrate it in the
preferred apps capplet?

How about "File Management"? Looks much more natural to me.

> c: if anyone has opinions as to how to go about it
> (either edit the file directly or go via the xdg-user-dirs-update shell call)

we have an PI for dealing with xdg-user-dirs in Glib, so we'd better use
that

For querying them, but for changing them?

Jens