[SPAM:1.4] Re: gnome-control-center 2.22 proposals

Denis Washington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With GNOME 2.20 being in hard code freeze now, I believe it may be time
> to think about what could be done for gnome-control-center 2.20. In my
> opinion, we should continue the merging work started for 2.20 (in form
> of the "Appearance" capplet).

After listening to a friend whining endlessly about gnome making Desktop, Download, Templates... directories without asking him, I would like to propose adding an option of choosing these default directories. Their locations are kept in the file: ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs . Before I do any work on this I would like to check:

a: if this is a reasonable plan (also if an app already exists)
b: where the best place to put it would be
(perhaps in the preferred applications capplet)
c: if anyone has opinions as to how to go about it
(either edit the file directly or go via the xdg-user-dirs-update shell call)