Re: [Usability] Mousetweaks usability discussion

On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 14:16 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On 11/1/07, Calum Benson <Calum Benson sun com> wrote:
>

> > There's also an impending LSB accessibility spec that recommends
> > which AccessX features ought to be exposed in its configuration GUI,
> > which I guess we should try and stick to at a minimum (KDE is already
> > compliant with the draft, IIRC).  Not sure when it's due to be
> > published, though...
> >

> Ugh, since when does the LSB deal in UI standardization ?
> One more step towards irrelevance, I guess...

By all means ignore the fact that it's the LSB, then.  Consider it, if
you prefer, a recent re-evaluation by a11y experts (three of whom have
long been involved with GNOME's accessibility project, the other with
KDE's) of the best practice for making free desktop environments
accessible to people with certain disabilities :)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team