  responding to
  http://blogs.gnome.org/view/thos/2007/05/08 here.
  First of all, thanks for working on this, capplet merging remains the
  #1 thing thats
  needed in the control center, imo. As always, the devil is in the
  details though,
  and like everybody else, I have a lot of detailed criticisms...
  - I strongly prefer to have the style tab as a secondary details
  dialog, for HIG reasons
    and also to match the organization of the fonts tab.
  - Wrt to the "Open" button: it is really easy in gtk to create an
  image button that
    behaves exactly like a stock button.
  - "Desktop" is a heavily overused metaphor, and using it as a tab
label is maybe
    not ideal. How about "Background" instread ?
  - "Preferences" is meaningless as a tab label, since all tabs contain
  preferences...
    "Controls" or "Interface" may be better
  - I don't think "Editable menu shortcuts" is something thats worth
  exposing there.

- Ignored:
    It is a borderline-useful special feature that was designed when
  GTK+ was still
    the Gimp toolkit...

  Matthias