Re: new "Add layout" dialog
- From: "Sergey Udaltsov" <sergey udaltsov gmail com>
- To: "Calum Benson" <Calum Benson sun com>
- Cc: Control Center List <gnomecc-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: new "Add layout" dialog
- Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 15:40:11 +0100
visual). I was thinking more of the semantic issue-- how does the
screenreader know that the separator is there to separate the default
choice from the other choices, and use that information to tell the user
which is the default option? 
Well, since the text of the combo box item is "default" anyway - the
semantic of the separator is just to emphasize this fact. Actually,
since this item will always be on top of the combo - may be, any kind
of highlighting is redundant.
solutions usefully accessible, I think it would just require a little
extra work that using text would avoid.
The "default" text, as I say, is the text of the item itself - all I
want is to make it more visible than other items. If it is a good idea
at all, of course.
] [Thread Prev