Re: Issues with the appearance capplet

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 21:00:04 -0400
"Matthias Clasen" <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:

> On 6/16/07, Thomas Wood <thos gnome org> wrote:
>
> > > - The "Pointer" tab shows no cursor themes
> >
> > As an aside, we ought to make sure the Icons tab doesn't contain
> > Pointer themes. There is a bug open about this but it is tricky
> > because of the way X cursor themes have been designed.
>
> Should not be hard, really.
>
> If it has an index.theme file, it is an icon theme.
> If it has a cursors/ directory, it is a cursor theme.
> If it has both, it is both.
> Cursor-only themes which ship an index.theme file are a bug.

Aah, I believed index.theme was also part of the spec since most of the
cursor themes I've seen have an index.theme. Usually these have an
[Icon Theme] section with Name and Comment properties. Given that most
cursor themes ship an index.theme but aren't an icon theme, we probably
need to look what else we can do to determine which is which.

Regards,

Thomas