Re: Shell vs. Menus for 2.18

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 10:47 +0000, Rob Bradford wrote:

> It would be nice if there was a complete HIG review and that the style
> of the shell fitted with the overall style of UI.

There is a bit of a chicken-and-egg situation (no pun intended) wrt to
the HIG too... because the shell (and probably to a greater extent,
gnome-main-menu) are deliberately doing things a bit differently from
what's been done before, there are probably things that will conflict or
just not be covered by the current HIG that we wouldn't necessarily want
to be blockers to the shell's inclusion in GNOME.

So we'll then have to decide whether or not those things are really a
Good Idea, so the HIG can be updated if necessary.

Cheeri,
Calum.