Re: New keybindings framework and custom prefixes

2007/12/28, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>:

> On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 19:50 +0100, Johan Svedberg wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Some time ago I switched to the new keybindings framework for my
> > module (ontv). Instructions on this are at
> > http://live.gnome.org/ControlCenter/ApplicationDefinedKeybindings.
> > Things are fine when you install with a default prefix but make
> > install breaks on custom paths. So I was wondering if anyone knows
> > what a correct fix in the auto* files for this would be? I see that
> > atleast metacity needs a fix for this aswell, currently make install
> > breaks for a custom prefix.
>
> What breaks exactly?
>
> It's supposed to install to the location defined in the keybindings
> pkgconfig file, otherwise it wouldn't work...

Sorry, I didn't explain very well. My usecase is that I would like
this to work for a regular user compiling from source and installing
into his home directory (i.e. --prefix=$HOME) without having compiled
gnomecc from source (to change the output of pkgconfig). Take metacity
as a testcase, in the past you could install in $HOME as non root but
now it breaks since you get permission denied when it tries to copy
the xml files.

Perhaps it could be done so that in addition to the output of
pkgconfig it also searched
$XDG_DATA_DIRS/gnome-control-center/keybindings for the xml files?

--
Johan Svedberg, johan svedberg com, http://johan.svedberg.com/