Re: Timelapsed backgrounds

Thomas Wood <thos gnome org> writes:

> On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 06:29 +0100, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > A while back I sent mail to desktop-devel-list about timelapsed
> > backgrounds:
> >
> >    http://www.mail-archive.com/desktop-devel-list gnome org/msg10860.html
> >
> > Those patches have now been applied to gnome-desktop and nautilus, so
> > the only thing remaining is gnome-control-center. The patch is here:
> >
> >    http://www.daimi.au.dk/~sandmann/control-center-bg.patch
> >
> > As the diffstat show, it's a win in terms of code size:
>
> That's a very large patch. Could you split it up into more manageable
> chunks please?

What parts do you find unmanageable? Here is an overview:

- It adds a dependency on gnome-desktop 2.21.4, which has the GnomeBG
  class.

- In gnome-settings-daemon-background, it loses the dependency on
  applier.[ch] from libbackground and instead just maintains a
  GnomeBG.

- It deletes the files applier.[ch] since they are no longer used

- In the appearance capplet it changes gnome-wp-item to use GnomeBG
  instead of doing all the pixbuf manipulations itself. It also
  redraws whenever the GnomeBG changes.

If you really want me to separate the patch file into several smaller
patch files, I'll do it, but I don't see the point.

Soren