Re: Supporting more color schemes

Hi Giuseppe,

First off, thank you for taking the time to create a patch for
gnome-control-center. It's great to have new contributors! Please don't
be disheartened by the discussion on bugzilla, but I think that colour
schemes is unfortunately a complex issue.

I've managed to condense the "saving colour schemes" idea into two basic
requirements:

 * A user creates a set of colours (a colour scheme) he or she likes and
wishes to save it for later or share it with friends.

 * A theme author wishes to include a set of complementary colour
schemes with his or her theme.

The problem here is there is a conflict between the user creating and
sharing colour schemes, and the theme author adding a set of colour
schemes to a theme. For the user, colour schemes are independent from
themes but for the author, a set of colour schemes can be associated
with on particular theme.

Setting aside how the actual data is stored, do you have any thoughts on
how you want to solve this?

Regards,

Thomas