Re: GUADEC meeting summary

On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 19:45 +0200, Jens Granseuer wrote:
<snip>
> > 	* merge desktop effects (from compiz) with display capplet
>
> I'd like to see a more detailed proposal for what exactly this would
> entail. The impression I got at the meeting was that there are at
> least two different desktop effects capplets at the moment (Ubuntu and
> SUSE?). Also, at the GUADEC CC BOF, the question was raised whether

There's one that probably fits better to the spirit in Fedora (a way to
startup compiz, and 2 simple preferences). Last time I saw it, the one
in SLED would have needed loads of pruning, and removing of features
like the installation of proprietary drivers.

> turning this into an option was a good idea at all, and whether we might
> not get along just fine without it (ie. by detecting the wm running and
> acting accordingly). What does the capplet do, anyway?

How about creating a Wiki page and posting screenshots of all those
capplets and see which one is a better fit? BTW, I think it would be a
better fit in appearance than display.

<snip>
> > 	* about-me seems to be disabled by default, should we enable it? fix it
> > and make it more useful?
>
> It certainly needs a good bit of fixing (keyboard timeouts come to
> mind, bleh). It might become a bit more useful when the telepathy stuff
> that was talked about at GUADEC lands (whenever that may be).

I think about-me needs more than fixes, it needs a UI rethink to be
useful at all and applications to start using its data...

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>