Re: GUADEC meeting summary

On 03.08.2007 14:07, Denis Washington wrote:
Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> 	* keyboard + mouse on a 'input devices' capplet

I have done a mockup for a possible input devices capplet [1]. Instead
of using tabs-in-tabs, I suggest to move keyboard layout to an (IMO
overdue) i18n capplet, and keyboard accessibility to
at-preferences. Thus, both are only pointed to in the mockup's
Keyboard tab. what do you think?

The long(er)-term goal was to eliminate the separate at-capplets
completely and integrate everything in there in the "normal"
ones. Moving stuff there now seems counterproductive.

Do keyboard layouts really belong to i18n? (I think Sergey
contested that as well.)

What about key bindings?

Does anybody know what the implications of the new input
hotplugging stuff in X.org are?

Jens