Re: FTP and News in default applications
- From: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- To: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- Cc: Control Center List <gnomecc-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: FTP and News in default applications
- Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:49:28 +0100
On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 14:31 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> I am looking at the control-center patches in SuSE package, and here's
> one I am not sure whether I should just commit or not.
> It adds FTP and News to the default applications capplet.
> What do you think?
I wouldn't mind if I thought that anyone was still using those. The
people that use News probably already know how to handle it. As for FTP,
applications can set themselves as handlers (just like Totem does for
MMS, RTSP, etc.), without needing to appear in the UI.
And we could just set the default for FTP to be whatever web browser is
selected, most support both.
] [Thread Prev