Re: Default pointer theme (was Cursor themes path.)

On 9/6/06, Joachim Noreiko <jnoreiko yahoo com> wrote:

--- Alberto Ruiz <aruiz synaptia net> wrote:

> Hi there,
> I'm working about branding issues, so I had to look
> at how mouse cursor
> themes works,

Only vaguely related, but I'm not sure where to ask...

Would it be possible to ship stock GNOME with a new
default mouse pointer theme?
The current default is replaced by most distros,
though we have to use it in screenshots which makes
our documentation ugly.

Well, screenshots don't actually use screen cursors at all,
so I don't see the problem here. It may be that some screenshooting
utilities fake it by looking up an ugly default cursor and pasting
them into the actual screenshot after the fact...

Matthias