Cursor themes path.

Hi there,
I'm working about branding issues, so I had to look at how mouse cursor themes works, and I noticed the following issues:
The default path to install cursor themes is this (directly extracted from the libXcursor source):

"""
#ifndef ICONDIR
#define ICONDIR "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/icons"
#endif

#ifndef XCURSORPATH
#define XCURSORPATH "~/.icons:/usr/share/icons:/usr/share/pixmaps:"ICONDIR
#endif
"""

So this path is obviously overlapping with the icon theme path. As icon themes has its own index.theme file, this shouldn't be a proble, but if you look closer and see how index.theme files describes themes:

"""
arc dopamine ~/.icons/pSuse-24 $ cat index.theme
[Icon Theme]
Name=pSuse-24
Comment=Pinux's Suse cursors
Example=arrow
"""

It uses the same section than icon themes, so when you unpack the cursor themes on ~/.icons (which is the only way to install cursor themes as user), you get new entries in the gnome-themes-preferences icon theme's list, that are not icon themes.

I tried to discuss this on the XDG list at freedesktop and none replied.

I can't think a sane way to fix this other than changing the default path from libXcursor, but I don't know if changing the XCURSOR_PATH env variable would be a good idea in order to fix this.

ideas?
--
Greetings,
Alberto Ruiz